Registration is now open for the Princeton Classic (December 2-4), held on the campus of Princeton University. We encourage all our team members, novice and veteran alike, to take advantage of this inexpensive national tournament right in our backyard.
Please register here and pay a $100 deposit by the deadline of November 2 in order to secure a spot on the trip. Once we have deposits locked in, we will distribute more information about the trip and any additional costs.
Our annual apparel sale has begun! Go to Fundraising -> Apparel on the menus above, or click here to be taken to the site. It features the apparel order forms as well as photos of the styles we are offering this year. Orders are due by Thursday, October 20, as we need to ensure the apparel is delivered before our home tournament.
We encourage everyone to consider signing up for our early tournaments. There are three before the Thanksgiving break, perfect for novices to shadow (or even better, compete) at and for veterans to earn early states bids and CFL qualification points. Signups or drops are due by the Tuesday before each tournament. Take a look below:
CFL #1: Ridge (10/22)
Also, don’t sleep on our next national Ivy League tournament at Princeton – nice and close for an overnight trip. Tournament registration opens on 10/18, so to ensure a spot on the roster, sign up soon.
Princeton Classic (12/2-12/4)
Keeping in contact regularly throughout the year is important in our activity. We’ll be able to send updates on results, upcoming dates and deadlines, interesting opportunities, and the like. So with that in mind…
Please join our mailing list! It’s the way we keep in touch with parents and team members throughout the year. To join, fill out this form: http://goo.gl/forms/xM8FKR5Hgo
Please join us in congratulating all our members who competed at Yale, including four freshman in their Randolph Speech & Debate debuts. In, here are some of our excellent results from the weekend:
- Amy Pu – Triple-Octafinalist, Varsity Lincoln Douglas
- Renee Shen – Octafinalist, Junior Varsity Lincoln Douglas
- Jordan Pontelandolfo – Quarterfinalist, Dramatic Interpretation
- Lauren Spencer – Quarterfinalist, Dramatic Interpretation
- Caitlyn Dempsey – Semifinalist, Program Oral Interpretation
- Bryn Bennett – 3rd place Humorous Interpretation and 5th place Program Oral Interpretation
What a great tone to set for the season! We hope to see everyone at the kick-off meeting on Tuesday, September 20 to keep the successes rolling.
It’s that time of year again! We invite new and returning members to join us in kicking off our season on September 20 after school in B164 (overflow to STEM Lab).
For new members, we will introduce the team, our mission and what we do, and the various events that you can compete in. We hope to have you hit the ground running in the event that’s best for you.
If you’re a veteran, you can help our new members get acquainted with the events we offer and help them choose what’s right for them.
See you then!
All students attending Yale this year must complete the following:
- Look at the Yale Information 2016 that replaces our old packets. This shows you the balance due and other information about the trip.
- Fill out the 2016-17 Intake Forms. Instead of doing tons of paperwork all year for various things, we’ve consolidated everything into a set of forms for the start of the year. Since you’re going to Yale, you’ll need to complete them early. All of this information will be kept on file all year, so you won’t have to do it again. These must be handed in as hard copies, not as pdfs or attachments. If you need a hard copy, I will have some in B164 early next week. Don’t forget a copy of your insurance card! Also, you don’t have to fill out the Boosters membership form, since you did that already.
- The payment and intake forms are due no later than Thursday, September 8, which is the third day of school and our first Yale “preseason” meeting after school. Please plan to attend this meeting and the next two “preseason” meetings on the 13 and 15.
- If you are currently waitlisted, come and see me in B164 on the first day of school at some point.
This year the Yale Invitational will be held on September 16-18. All team members who would like to compete should complete the Yale Invitational Sign-up. The registration window opens at 1pm on August 1, so any team member who signs up after risks being waitlisted. More information can be found on the Yale 2016 Invitation.
We are opening consideration for ANY team member to attend Yale this year, including new members who are rising 9th graders, up to a maximum of 25. All team members attending Yale will be asked to come to “preseason” meetings in the first two weeks of school before the tournament.
We would like to finalize the trip by August 29. Once we finalize numbers, paperwork and payment information will be distributed.
Senior Harry Kern travelled to Salt Lake City this week for NSDA Nationals. He helped represent Team NJ in the World Schools Debate event as part of a five-member team with students from other schools. The team advanced to the national octafinals, earning tenth place overall! Harry also ranked as the 34th best speaker in the tournament out of over 425 total. Congratulations!
The NSDA runs two livestreams of the national final rounds in ALL categories. Visit this link to see the schedule (all times in MDT) and make sure to watch the best of the best in the country (and the world). Interp finals are particularly impressive if you have time to watch. Enjoy!